May 30, 2007

Skirt 23


I'm going for the French girl thing today. I've never paired these patterns together before.

Today's skirt is black with big white flowers. The flowers are outlined in blue embroidery floss, which adds a nice touch. I'm a sucker for little details like that. I like the fabric, but I always refer to this as my Muumuu skirt, because it looks like a Muumuu could be made out of it.

I like the fit, it's very comfortable. It hits below my knees, but bells out at my hips in four inch pleats all the way around. It looks nice, even when it's not ironed (like today), and I feel pretty dressed up in it. Today's skirt is about three years old. It's from the Gap, was on sale for $19.99, and came in white too. I bought the black one because two other people I knew had the same skirt in white. I think I thought I was going to move away or something...
(sigh)

*********************************************************************************
Rain, rain go away!


So the rain came today. Man, did it pour! I was stranded at a meeting at Starbucks, so my friend took some pics.

I spent the rest of the day in jeans, we're getting ready for a new exhibition which opens this Friday.
I miss denim.

No comments: