May 29, 2007

Skirt 22


I made it in from Austin. Drove in this morning. I was a little groggy. Back to the grind... Harrumph...

Today's skirt is NEW! (61 skirts now...)
No, I didn't buy it; actually it was a gift from a girlfriend. Funny thing is, I've never received a skirt as a gift. Today's skirt is so pretty. Very light and airy, I feel like I look like I'm floating. (It's the color.) It has two layers of Indian sari material, 100% silk. Nice.
I went back to the kiosk with Laura yesterday to select one that I liked. It was Laura's idea. They were all so different and beautiful. I chose today's skirt because of the colors. I don't own an aqua or orange skirt, AND the fabric has sparkles in it. Not only is it reversible, but it's also very versatile. It can be worn a couple of different ways as a skirt, but also a couple of different ways as a dress. I'll try to demonstrate later today, but here is a pic of the sales lady showing me how to tie/wrap this skirt as a dress. What could be better than multi-functional clothing?


*****************************************************************************
Earlier I mentioned that my skirt was versatile. My wrap skirt came with directions for the following styles, so I thought I would try it out. Scroll down for the fashion show. (I need to learn how to make this into an animated giff. That would be cool.)
BTW, these are the names of the styles that came on the directions. Lame...


Just thought I would show the reverse side.


Bangkok
Super-cute! I like the tiered effect because it shows off the color combo.


Barcelona
Maybe with jeans or something... I might wear this.


Cozumel
Nope. Don't think so. Way too hard to put on.


Ibiza
Absolutely not! There are so many things wrong with this style...


Monaco
Maybe... needs some tweaking, I thought the waist was too high.


Paris
Definitely not. I don't think I'm doing this right.


St. Tropez
I love this! I'm digging this aqua color!


Venice
Why, it's the reverse of the St. Tropez!

******************************************************************************
This is the perfect travel skirt! Thank you Laura, I love it!
~hearts!

No comments: