May 21, 2007

Skirt 16 Monday Monday Monday


I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I didn't want to wear a skirt. It was raining and I thought about taking the day off, but I put my big girl panties on and selected a skirt. (Thanks Em) I have two stains on my skirt from this morning: Face powder and toothpaste.

Skirt 16 is a simple black pencil skirt from The Limited. This skirt cost $19.99. I bought it last December on a bargain shopping spree with my bff. We each blew $300 in two hours at the Galleria, I think I bought 6 items for my wardrobe. Not bad.
Good times!

However, it's a little bit big: a little loose in the waist and hips area AND I am NOT fond of the belt loops. There are six and they are each three inches long! I think it looks stupid with my skinny belts, plus I usually don't wear belts with my skirts.
Last season, big cinch belts were in style. They just weren't my style. That explains the three inch belt loops, but they still really bother me. I just needed a simple black skirt, and this isn't exactly what I wanted. Maybe that's why I hardly wear it.

It suits the way I feel today. Hum-drum.

*********************************************************************************

Ate at Taco Loco on Main Street today. The burritos are pretty good, and they're cheap too. I wasn't really into today's skirt... I wasn't really into today. I think I'm still tired from the 24 hour video race. I didn't like what I was wearing, but I got a couple of compliments. I just felt frumpy. (Man, I'm complain-y!)

I went home, checked the mail, and got stung by a bee! This was my third bee sting in my life. The first time I was 13 in Yosemite National Park with my family, got me on my arm. The second time it was picture day my first year of teaching, got me on my forehead and the back of my neck. Today, I was just reaching for my InStyle magazine and DANG, got me on my index finger! Not a very exciting story, but it was a pretty poopie day UNTIL I checked my e-mail AND...

I got two FREE tickets to see SPOON tomorrow night!

The End.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chica loco ... when does Fork play? I hear they're not as well rounded as Spoon, however (but Knife is pretty sharp!).

Yo Pun Bro

Molly said...

I love this photo. So many lines and stripes! Plus, you look great in this outfit. I love striped shirts like that and I'm on the look-out for one myself!