June 6, 2007

Skirt 28


I had the hardest time figuring out what to wear with today's skirt. It's supposed to hit 91°. I usually wear this skirt in the winter with boots. This skirt is gray, but it doesn't really match my mood. Sure, I'm tired... but so happy inside! (Maybe it's my skirt?)

Today's skirt is very professional. It's a gray polyester blend. Kind of like banker pants, but in a skirt. It's lined (which is a nice quality), is A-line, hits at the knee and has pockets in the front and in the back! Woo hoo!

Another sale find from GAP. I bought this skirt between 1997 and 2000. I know this because these were the years that I worked at Purple Glaze, a paint your own pottery shop in University Park. Good times! Maybe this is where I started to become addicted to skirts? At least skirts from GAP. Our shop was right next to GAP, so during our breaks we would go and cruise the sale items. Because I was such a regular, I got insider information that markdowns always happened on Tuesday's. At the time I didn't have any skirts like this... I was pretty earthy; all about the linen and cotton,. But, change is good. I figured I'd wear it to work when I got a REAL job.
*********************************************************************************
My REAL job... I love it. So much fun! I'm working with a great group of students from North Dallas High School. It's a summer camp called XXX. It's a very cool, integrated arts and writing program. The theme is all about Happiness and finding your inner bliss. We had a field trip today to the Latino Cultural Center.


We checked out the Art of the Print exhibition there. There are some amazing works on paper by Posada, Siqueiros, Orozco, Tamayo, to name a few. It's quite a collection on loan here from DC for a short time ~ July 7th. Curator Viola Delgado was there with us and set up a special talk with curator and art historian Stephen Vollmer. Very interesting... this is the part I love about my job. I'm still learning...


We had to trip it via DART. I had never been to Cityplace Station. It's cool. The train platform is 10 stories underground.

going down...


going up...

It was a pretty chill day, until I remembered that speeding ticket from Skirt 13. Today was my LAST day to request defensive driving. Always waiting 'til the last minute...

City of Dallas Municipal Court
(got in trouble for taking this pic...)

No comments: