June 11, 2007

For XXX ~ Baggage Project

Morning Kids...
This is for you.


As I mentioned in Skirt 28, I'm working with some great kids from North Dallas High School. Their Baggage Project is due today, so I thought I'd do the project too. It's not as involved as some of theirs will be. (I kind of took the easy way out.)

Let me tell you about Baggage Project. Students brought in a bag, of any shape, size or form. They spent some of last week repurposing this object that is used to hold things, to hold their "baggage." Whatever it is that keeps us from pursuing our dreams, tells us we can't, or brings us down. There comes a time when you have to STOP, deal with it, make a decision not to continue with these thoughts or habits and move forward.

Baggage Project is supposed to:
eXpose it ~ share it with others
eXpell it ~ get rid of it
eXit ~ Quit carrying it around.

This is my baggage.
I am a very disorganized person. Messy is a better word. It effects me daily. I hate living in such a mess, actually it drives me crazy. Chaos seems to follow me everywhere ~ like Pig Pen from Charlie Brown. Part of my problem is that I have so much CRAP. I'm in the midst of utter craziness in my life: work, school, living situation, etc. But, it seems that there is always something because there will ALWAYS be something.

To start, I filled three shopping bags with trash and crap from my life. In the bags were magazines, catalogs, hangers, shoes, cookie boxes, Starbucks cups, makeup, un-used sample beauty products, etc. Whatever I could get my hands on in 30 minutes. This is just the start of Baggage Project. I have many, many more bags to fill. I may be working on this all my life, but I hope not.

Thanks for letting me share~

"Skirt Lady"

No comments: