November 30, 2007

A new skirt! 15 more to go!

At this point I've lost count of my skirts, but this is a new one. I haven't worn it before. I'm feeling a little bit better, but I am so thankful it's Friday, because I could use the rest. There is one more reason to be thankful for today - it's payday! Woo hoo! I'm thankful for every peso I receive!

I bought today's skirt at the artisan fair at Parque Hildalgo, along with Skirt Seventy-Something last month. I have two colors here in Mexico: magenta or bright pink and aqua. This skirt is aqua, made of hand-woven fabric, and is a wrap-around skirt. It kind of looks like a dish towel, so this is my dish towel beach skirt.

Let's see.... where did I and my dish towel skirt go today...

This morning my AP kids and I went to StarBucks on an Art Walk. Check out the art on this truck...

T a c k y ! ! !
Incidentally, the Venti size here in Mexico is less coffee than the Venti in the US, because of the ounces versus milliliters thing.

TGIF!
Today's TGIF took place at a great little restaurant called El Brujo (The Wizard) in the Romantic Zone. It was the BEST meal that I have had here in Vallarta. I ordered the coconut shrimp and a piña colada, but the garlic guacamole and garlic bread were also tasty tambien! The coconut shrimp is not on the menu, but if the kitchen will make it, get it. Or have someone at the table get it. The portions are HUGE, but so is the flavor!
I ♥ garlic & coconut, and I am not ashamed to admit it. It was a pricey meal, but so worth it. I will have to get back there soon. Dang, it was so good!

Check out this tree next to El Brujo. I wonder how old it is?


The final stop for the evening was at Light House Foods in Old Town. This is the home of the "sausage wizard." This guy makes fresh sausage daily. I'm so excited because I've been craving spaghetti and now I get to have it with Italian sausage. I also bought some breakfast patties, which he said was his speciality. I sure hope they're good, but something tells me they will be better than Jimmy Dean's. (That's Big Bad John's Texas sausage.)

Thank Goodness It's Friday!

No comments: