November 19, 2007

Falda en Yelapa

Skirt 72 and I went to Yelapa this weekend.

In front of the water taxis in Boca de Tomatlán.

Yelapa is a small fishing village about 30 minutes south of Boca de Tomatlán. It's only accessible by boat, or water taxi. You can catch a water taxi from Playa Los Muertos in Vallarta for $100 pesos or Boca de Tomatlán, about 17 km (10.5 miles) south of Puerto Vallarta for $60 pesos.


Isn't this gorgeous? Taken from the water taxi.


The view of the beach in Yelapa behind lush tropical foliage.


Teri Jo's skirt on the road in Yelapa. No cars here, just mules and horses. It's a small town, about 1,500 people live here. I had an amazing meal at Pollo Bollo, flank steak for $55 pesos ($5.50 USD). Yelapa has everything you need, except an ATM...


In the hammock in our condo. This is living! That's a zipper in my navel. There's a reason for everything... I'll explain later.

View from my hammock.

There is phosphorous in the ocean, and at night the water glows. I didn't get to see the glowing ocean... Guess I'll have to come back.
The stars are so beautiful here. It's hard to see them from the city. My friends saw three shooting stars the night before.


This is JC, short for Juan Carlos, Jarvis Cocker or Jesus Christ. hee hee. JC slept above our beds protecting us from evil mosquitoes and spiders. He hardly moved from his rafter all night!

Here's a trick I learned in Yelapa.

Leave a bucket of water outside your door. That way when you come back from the beach, it's easier to wash all the sand off.


El rio Tuito (Tuito River) empties out in Yelapa. This view was snapped on my morning walk. I had to hike up my skirt and cross the Tuito River to get to Hotel Lagunita. The hotel serves the most amazing breakfast I have had since I've moved to Vallarta. I had a chorizo and queso omelet one day, and French toast made with brioche the next. They had fresh squeezed juices (the carrot and orange combo is the best!) and huge, Texas-sized delicious fresh fruit smoothies. Mmmmmmmm! It doesn't take much to make me happy!



xoxo from Yelapa!

Bench in Boca de Tomatlán, waiting...

No comments: