November 19, 2007

Una falda más para mí

One more skirt for me...


I made this one from a hideous dress that I bought here in Vallarta for $100 pesos (about $10 USD). I bought it because of the light-weight lacy fabric and the two black bands that run across the top. They are made of black grosgrain ribbon, and I am a sucker for anything that has ribbons. This dress was from last season in the tent/baby doll style that is so popular now. It didn't look right on me, and honestly I can't imagine it looking right on anyone... Anyway, it's better now. I took it to the tailor by my school, there's a word for it in Spanish but I can't remember it now. It only cost $20 pesos ($2 USD) to take out the seam, cut off the fabric and put the zipper back in! Excuse me, but that is SUPER inexpensive! I think it could be a lot shorter, but I can fix that when I bring my sewing machine back from the States. I sewed the two bows on the left from the ribbons that I cut from the straps of the dress. I'm happy with it.


I had a very important Skirt Project meeting in town tonight. It's going to be a great year next year and I am really excited about the possibilities! Just strolling around town...


I know what you really want to see...

Can you believe I live here?

No comments: