December 3, 2007

Skirt 70 - Day 1

Another day, another Monday, and I'm feeling bored with Skirt Project. I'm going to try something different this week - I'm still wearing a skirt, but I feel the need to make things simpler in my life.

This morning I selected Skirt 70 to wear, because I feel that I’ve been neglecting some of my blouses in my closet. Skirt 70 is basic, black and easy to wear here in Puerto Vallarta because of the A-line cut and linen fabric. I have many black skirts, but this week I am going to stick to just wearing this one skirt. It will be nice to not worry about what to wear in the mornings. Besides, I have way too many skirts here and I need to simplify. I wonder if anyone will notice. I expect to feel self-conscious wearing the same thing everyday. But, whatever… who cares. After all, it’s not about the skirt, is it?

I'm holding my example of a positive / negative Christmas decoration for Posada in a couple of weeks. 5th grade came up with some excellent designs.

I started the Artist's Way this week. I'm on Week 1. It about positive and negative feelings that we have within ourselves. It gave me a great idea for class today. I think it was great for 5th grade, too hard for 3rd. Which reminds me, my mantra for the week is
s i m p l i f y . . .


It was overcast today, which suits my funky mood. I made pasta sauce tonight. Ate it with my Italian sausage from the other day. Delicious! (If I do say so myself!)

No comments: