November 28, 2007

17 more skirts! (Skirt 34)

17 more skirts, I'm wearing Skirt 34 . I'm also wearing a T-shirt and my Chacos... basically it's the uniform of I don't give a $%@#. I'm sick. Tengo desfriado. (I have a cold.) I have some medicine, but I don't know what it is... It's all in Spanish. At least there's fresh squeezed orange juice at school. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm!



I decided to eat a hot dog today instead of the lunch I brought, because I love, love, LOVE hot dogs! After I paid for $9, I went to put the ketchup on my dog only to discover that the innocent unsusceptible red squirt bottle had Valentino Hot Sauce in it. I mean, duh! Didn't I see the BOX of ketchup next to the salad dressing???

I've gotten used to boxed milk, juices, spaghetti sauce, and other condiments, but this was a complete surprise to me. Sometimes, I really feel my “Americaness.” My poor dog was covered in hot sauce, which could have been great for all I know. Lupita and the other lunch ladies got a huge laugh out of it and kindly gave me another dog. It could have used some grilled onions, but it will do. At least they have the fresh squeezed OJ in the mornings... I've gotten used to that.

Speaking of getting used to things, my internet and cable had been out since early this afternoon. Silence is golden, but thank God for Vonage. It's my lifeline to my love. This new “silence” makes me realize how much I rely on technology to get me through my daily life. This afternoon I took this moment of silence all for myself.

I should really do this more often.

No comments: