November 4, 2007

Skirt 76


Table Skirt!
(hee hee hee)

We had Flag Ceremony this morning (as we do every Monday morning), but today was the opening for ASOMEX tennis tournament. ASOMEX are the American Schools of Mexico. To commemorate the ceremony of the tournament, a student drum and bugle corp from Ixtapa came to perform with pomp and circumstance. In any case, I felt that this ceremony was full of girl power.
Hooray for skirts!


Note to self: learn the Mexican national anthem...


Ladies and gentlemen: the color guard.

I thought I had blown my chance for a skirt shot. It was a beautiful warm day and I ran some interesting skirt related errands but, I forgot my camera and I just wasn't feeling it after teaching 3rd grade today... sheesh!
However, on the way home I caught the bus, and lo-and-behold it was the EXACT SAME bus that I had taken that morning. You can tell by the artwork on the bus. Each driver owns their bus so they are able to decorate it as they wish. Sometimes you see lots of ladies butts, sometimes you see decorative fringe or dingle berries hanging from the visors, sometimes you see blue lights all over the front. It's pretty tacky, but in a splendid sort of way... Anyway, this morning I noticed a painting of St.Christopher, patron saint of travellers, and my bus was unusually clean and new. I thought that was pretty rare, and what the heck... I took it as a good sign, so I took my picture.


*********************************************************************

What's this?


Why it's a Christmas Tree Skirt, and it's only the 5th of November!

Skirt 76 is new to the blog, but I've worn it several times here in Vallarta. It's an A-line, red linen skirt, but what's great about it are the buttons and the front panel... It's from J.Crew and I bought it on sale late last summer. I'd had my eye on it since last spring, and I waited and hoped that they would have it when it went on sale. Lucky me! They did. :-)

I ♥ J.Crew and I miss getting the catalogues every couple of weeks... I suppose I could shop on-line, but what's the point? I have every thing I need here... well, almost everything.

I do like my skirt and I ♥ my blouse which I bought in Sayulita last Friday. Sometimes a girl needs a little retail therapy to get her through those lonely times.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's "drum & bugle corps" ... Corps ... not corpse (subject of recent posts) ... not corp (abbrev of corporation) ...

Trust me!

YoBlogginBro
www.saturdaylights.blogspot.com