November 21, 2007

Skirt Seventy-Something


Another new skirt. I'm getting pretty good at bargaining. This skirt cost $250 pesos but I talked them down to $170. I bought it at the artisan fair at Parque Hildalgo, Skirt from November 12. It's still going on. I had some gift shopping to do!

I believe the fabric is woven by the Huichols, an indigenous group that live in the Sierra Madres. It's beautiful, sturdy, bright, colorful red fabric. It's a wrap around, but it doesn't really wrap all the way around, because they are smaller people. I love it because it's easy to wear on the beach and in the city. There's even a secret pocket sewn in the inside, perfect to keep pesos in.

Well folks, this is it for me for the week. I'm going home to be with my loved ones, eat some turkey, watch some American football, and wear boots with my skirts. It's going to get down in the 30's! How am I going to cope? I am so excited beyond words; I've had a big smile on my face all week! Not to worry, I'll be wearing a skirt and will update about my travels when I return.

Remember to give thanks for all that is good and delicious in your life!

H a p p y T h a n k s g i v i n g ! ! !

No comments: