October 23, 2007

Skirt 72


I was running so late to school this morning, I had to take a cab.

Skirt 72 is a new one, but it's a gift from Pam. I love this skirt because of the bright green color (reminds me of last night's dinner with fresh avocados) and the double ruffle at the bottom. It's very flouncy, flouncy - feminine and girlish at the same time. I love it! Mil gracias Pamelita!

I understand that it's very cold and rainy in Dallas, but I am here in Vallarta and today calls for some positive rays. There are lots of things that I miss...
Like my alarm this morning. Luckily the phone woke me with good news from Boston: My family just got bigger!

Two healthy baby girls arrived this morning!

Hoo-ray for girls!

****************************************************
The weather is much nicer and cooler in the mornings, so I took my AP kids outside to draw. We are spending more time with value in different kinds of media. We worked with ink today... (Note to self: I need to order better supplies: brushes, paper, etc.) I sketched the stage, but something was missing. Then I stuck my skirt on it and thought I messed it up. But...


I drew the picture first, took the picture later. It was great just to draw en plein eir.


In pre-first and kindergarten we made scary Halloween decorations. We tried directive draw, and the results were so much better than I imagined. Children are so free and just excited to try anything. They delight in working with new materials and trying new things and lucky me, they love art!


"You look like a frosted cake!" he he he. Well, I am sweet!
I was going for a tinted complimentary color scheme.


I learned how to podcast today...
Since I've moved to Mexico, I have been more aware of the sounds around me. I have always been especially moved and motivated by music, and the soundtrack of my life is always evolving. However, here it's more than music. It's the language, the street noises, the ocean, the mariachis, the sound of children laughing, tropical birds & lizards, etc. Did you know lizards chirped? I'm going to play around with this new knowledge and hopefully soon I'll be able to share the sounds of the magical country.

No comments: