July 23, 2007

Skirt 61



This week I am finishing the last of my original 60.

So, where did all these skirts come from? Somewhere along the way I have either a) gotten more skirts as a gift, or b) bought them... I know I've bought at least one (Skirt 41). I have more to share, and they just keep coming. There never was any order and I wasn't expecting to receive more. Actually, I wasn't expecting to receive half of what I've gotten out of Skirt Project... That's the beauty of it!

Today's skirt is a long khaki linen skirt from J.Crew. I bought this skirt in the late 1990's: sometime between 97 and 99. I was very granola then and working at Purple Glaze, the paint your own ceramics shop. The skirt has a drawstring and is pieced together with four panels to create a very long A-line shape. It hits right at my ankle bone. Anyway, I like this skirt because it's easy to wear and very comfortable. It's linen, so I don't iron it... What's the point? It's just going to wrinkle anyway.

I'm stuck in Denton today, finishing up one of my classes... Probably not a very exciting day for skirt shots, not like my friend Adina who is on The BIG ADVENTURE!
Keep those photos coming, they take me back...
**************************************************************
Today wasn't so interesting as I spent all day in the computer lab in Denton. I took a final... I passed! Sold my books back for $10, not even a 10th of what I purchased them for, wrote two papers and facilitated an on line discussion... I didn't leave the lab until 9:20 p.m....

I want my life back...

No comments: