July 18, 2007

Skirt 58


Another white skirt.

Today's skirt is from H & M, which I purchased in Georgetown last summer. I had done some serious shopping while in D.C., and one of my major finds was a gorgeous navy blue linen jacket with scalloped lace trim from Banana Republic. I didn't have anything like it, and it's actually quite elegant. I HAD to have it! The only problem was that I didn't have any coordinating bottoms to go with the jacket. So, I spent quite a bit of time hunting for the perfect pieces to match this jacket and ended up buying two. One is a great pair of navy capri's, the other is this white linen skirt. This skirt has a 100% polyester lining, and is made from several panels to give it that flare. This skirt is alright. Nothing special, but a staple in my closet.

That jacket is a perfect example of the WASTE that shopping imposes in my life. While I love my jacket, I've only worn it twice. BTW, I'm not wearing it today. I spent quite a bit of money on the capri's and jacket, but what really gets me is the amount of TIME that I wasted shopping. I mean, I was living in Washington D.C. and I spent at least 8 hours shopping... That's an entire day that I can't get back in that city. I had a great time while I was there, I just wish that I had made better use of my time.

That seems to be a running issue with me...
******************************************************
Besides the car shot, I wish I had taken a photo of today's skirt. I think the prime location would have been Target. Since I will be moving to Puerto Vallarta, I'm on the lookout for cool cotton clothing, shorts and swimsuits. I found some cute things, nothing I need... I'll take a day to decide if I really want them. I will miss Target in Mexico.

No comments: