October 26, 2007

Skirt 73


I saw this wordwall today in a teacher's room and it reminded me of a certain someone and a
24 hour skirt...


After finishing their ghosts and goblins, we went outside to draw with chalk. Some of my kids found a snake skin. Eeeeeeeeeew!
Boys will be boys...


Cutting paper in the dungeon... I got class!

I've actually worn this skirt before, but I called it Sick Skirt. It's from J.Crew and I bought it on sale for $14.99 before I came to work down here. I bought it because of the light weight linen fabric, the buttons, pockets and the fact that it reminded me of a skirt that my then BFF had.

While being away, I have learned that many things change... people change and situations change, but those that are true remain constant. Sometimes there is nothing you can do about it but let go. Also, as far as friends go: it's all about quality, not quantity. But even that can change... Not holding on to the past is a challenge. Accepting things the way they are is for the best, but tough to boot! At least for me... I guess I just need to be more thankful for who I have in my life instead of fretting over who isn't here anymore.

Anyway, back to my skirt. I'm also wearing this simple brown skirt so that I can wear my blouse, a red and white sleeveless number. We are learning about motifs, repetition and pattern in 7th grade and I thought this blouse best illustrated the point with all of its' circles and lines. PLUS, it's red: Go Red Sox! Yay for love!

Happy Friday Everyone!

1 comment:

les.thar.gy said...

I \'/ SKIRTPROJECT
(does it look like a heart?)