October 19, 2007

Skirt 70

Trying something different...


Yes, I am now up to 70 skirts, but whose counting?

I needed a little retail therapy yesterday, so I went to Mega - my neighborhood grocery store. If I think really hard about it, as I did everything yesterday, I can equate it to Target - which I miss and LOVE back in the states, among many things... sniff, sniff.

Anyway, I only went in for bread. Honestly! But, I walked out with a couple of non-perishable essential items in PV: a beach towel, a boogie board and a skirt... of course! One of the reasons that I left Texas was to get away from my material habits and my attachment to things. While these are not things that I needed, I thought long and hard about my purchases and even had to go and exchange the skirt later, a task you take for granted until you have to try it in another language. Even the sizing is different... 32, 34, 36, etc. So... it was worth it.

Today's skirt is a simple, black, short, A-line mini. While I have other black skirts here in Mexico, I bought this one because of the fabric: a light weight linen and rayon blend. Unlike my other black skirts, it's not too heavy, it's not too short and the cut is different.

************************************************************************

Taking the bus in Mexico is hardly mundane, but it is incorporated in my daily routine. I tried to capture something like the car shots but the bus is too bumpy and jerky. The seats are too small and as I make my way to work, the bus becomes too crowded. This was my first attempt at a bus shot. I went for the overhead angle, though I could have aimed higher... I'm pleased with my intro shot at the beginning of this post.


I played with the kids today. I received so many hugs, beautiful pictures and even little love notes, like this one below. I'm exhausted... but still looking for love. I found it at school.


I ♥ first grad [sic]

Ah, the parachute... Oh, to be 3 and wearing a skirt. Life was so simple then...



I've got the late, great Johnny Cash going through my head today.
I fell into a burnin' ring of fire...
Maybe Tropical Storm Kiko can put out the fire. We'll see...

No comments: