October 29, 2007

Otra Vez ~ Skirt 55

Happy Halloween!

Although, Halloween isn't really celebrated here in Mexico, it's more about Dia de los Muertos... In any case, the next couple of days should be really exciting, at least it will be a new experience. But, I am an American girl and a teacher, so today I am wearing orange and black to commemorate this "holiday." Next year I'm sure I'll be wearing the crocheted vest with Jack-O-Lanterns and black cats, and the matching earrings... just kidding...
God, help me if I ever dress like that... (sigh)

I'm wearing Skirt 55. The interview skirt. The skirt that gets me jobs! I last wore this skirt on my interview to work in here in Puerto Vallarta, and on the first day of school a couple of months back. Hard to believe it's almost November...
For about a month now the stores have been selling calaveras and pan de muertos, which is actually pretty good. I've peeked in a neighborhood cemetery, and they are so different than those in the States. They are so colorful, full of flowers, pictures and figurines. Mexicans celebrate the lives of their deceased loved ones on All Saints Day, November 1 and 2. It's a really special time to honor and remember their lives, and I am really looking forward to experiencing it here in Mexico.

No comments: