September 9, 2009

Belgium = Paradise For Your Sweet Tooth

Belgium is known for their waffles and chocolate, but there are other sweets to discover.

The Krieks alone are delicious, refreshing and oh so sweet. I think I'll post more about Kriek in the future, because I love it so.

For now Kriek = is a kind of Belgian beer that is fermented with krieks (cherries). Oh, how I ♥ KRIEK!

This past weekend in Brussels, I was introduced to
Le Pain Quotidien. It's a sweet place to grab lunch, coffe, Kriek or dessert. I thought this was just a Belgian restaurant, but apparently it's an international chain.
Hoo-ray! More for everyone.

On the day that we stopped in, there was a special for strawberry Pavlova. I've always wanted to try Pavlova, and someday hope to make it. Pavlova = is a sweet meringue dessert that melts in your mouth. It's very, very good, and named after the famous Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova.
This Pavlova was served parfait style with yogurt and fresh cut strawberries.
Wow!

In Europe, coffee is typically served with some kind of sweet. It could be a cracker, cookie, piece of chocolate, or
Nougat. A confectioner's dream!

And then there is the chocolate...
Shopping at Pierre Marcolini Choclatier was a religious experience.

I have never in my life tasted anything so exquisite, and there are 17 varieties in this box.
I WILL definitely have to write more about this store, it is

A M A Z I N G !

Finally, the best sweet of all:
Darling boy, I could just eat those cheeks!

No comments: