February 26, 2013

New Routine = New Projects

Hallo allemaal!
This week I made a decision: I stopped taking Dutch. I guess you could say that I quit, but I don't see it that way at all. I made room for some bigger things in my life, and also some sleep. I am happy with the Dutch fundamentals that I've learned and use them everyday. But, I just don't have the time to devote to my classes AND be successful. I don't want the extra stress in my life right now. We've only got about six more months left in Belgium, and I really want to enjoy my time here while I can. I'm still keeping up with my French course, and learning Dutch through reading beautiful books and magazines. However, now I can make dinner, use up my yarn stash, write in my journal, read books, get some exercise, eat more waffles and friets, learn French without my Dutch words getting in the way, and learn Dutch through my beautiful books and magazines. And, I'm ok with that.

Alle is goed met mij. 

No comments: