November 23, 2008

Skirt 45


To learn more, click here.

I recently bought a book by Keri Smith, How to be an Explorer of the World ~ Portable Art/Life Museum. I love it. If you have not had a chance to explore the work of Keri Smith, I encourage you to do so. I've found this book so delightful and fun. It has instructions. (I secretly like being told what to do.)

One of the exercises encourages travel; get lost in your city. I set out to do that yesterday. I didn't think it was the best day to take pictures, but it was one of the best days to be inspi-RED. Red tights make it easy. I took way too many pictures. :)

Public art?

Nope, it's private property and you can't take pictures of it.



I wonder what kind of records they have here. LPs? 45s? One day soon, I'll go in and find out.


In front of the old Texas School Book Depository at the corner of Elm and Houston...


Juxtaposition & so many patterns. Makes me want to draw again...




Thanksgiving Square

Designed by Philip Johnson



Stained glass designed by French artist Gabriel Loire

My city:

It's so ugly, it's beautiful.

Neiman's downtown: kind of reminds me of the Eliasson exhibition.

Glacier

by Douglas Cartmel

I also made another cake yesterday; it's pink.

No comments: