May 9, 2008

Skirt 5 cont...

I've got a guest blogging spot on the Art + Culture blog for KERA. We'll see how it goes. It's fun and I think I'll have a good time doing it. I'm going around Dallas, checking out places to create and learn things. Right now I'm checking out classes and activities that are FREE. Having lived here my whole life I already know of some classes, but this gives me the excuse and opportunity to check out more things going on around Dallas.

Yesterday's skirt and quest for DIY opportunities took me to North Haven Gardens in North Dallas. What a great place! Everything is so green, it smelled good and it made me want to get back to the garden in my mom's backyard.

It made me want some other things too, like:
Hydrangeas

Orchids

and these red wellies too!!!


Yesterday's heat made me want a Cherry Limeade, so I went to Sonic for HAPPY HOUR!!!
Half-price drinks from 2 -4, woo-hoo!

I want to take this pic to point out my blouse, a beautiful hand-made souvenir from Mexico. Not only is it gorgeous, in my opinion, but every stitch is done by hand... EVERY STITCH!

Back to my wants...
a bike...

And that's it. For yesterday...

Here's some Queen Anne's Lace that caught me eye on our evening walk.

so pretty...

Are there greener pastures ahead for Moxie and me?

How can there not be?

No comments: