March 1, 2008

The Botanical Gardens

A couple of weekends ago I went to the Botanical Gardens south of Vallarta. Below are some pics from that day:

A bench on the trail...
(Some habits are hard to break.)


This trunk looks like it has a bunch of tree huggers on it.



This is Lynnette's skirt; she is my next-door neighbor. She is also my Sunday brunch partner and a real sweetheart.



One of the trails led to this stream, where I cooled my feet in the water and drew.


The Botanical Gardens host events weddings and to mark the occasion a commemorative tile is painted in your honor. Belated congratulations to Aubrey & Pep!

Whoever you are...

Besides the orchids, the Yesterday-Today-and-Tomorrow, or Kiss Me Quick was my favorite flower. They turn from purple to white in a matter of days, yet they are always blooming.

Here's what they look like up close.


These guys were all around the grounds...

I kept thinking they looked like deer heads.

Those are agave plants on that hill...


I took the road less traveled...


"There's a yellow rose in Texas, that I am going to see, nobody else could miss her, not half as much as me."

I'll be home soon to see the blue bonnets.
Yay y'all!

No comments: