March 3, 2008

13 skirts and counting

Where does the time go? I'll be home in 16 days, which means there are 13 skirts left here. Last night I packed suitcase full of them to send home.



"That's an awful lot of brown..."

I'm not sure what's going to happen when I get back... I guess the same thing that happens everyday:
L I F E

Here are some skirt shots from this past weekend.
My first and only visitor Karen came to see me this weekend.
Here's Karen's skirt in Sayulita:


Here I am wearing the necklace that Moises made just for me! It only cost me $250 pesos.


We also went to Jarretederas this past weekend to visit Pat, a woman from Colorado who hosts a sewing circle and English classes in her home every Saturday. Besides helping women in Denver, for the past 4 years Pat has brought fabric and sewing machines to Mexico that she donates to the women in her small village. For the 6 months that Pat lives in Mexico, a group of about 14 women gather to exchange ideas and learn to sew new projects. Hopefully, I will be coming back later to do a Skirt Project with the women.

Check out this dress that was made from donated fabric. The blouse I'm wearing was actually a dress for a little girl. But after I put it on, Leticia decided to add some darts and a zipper for a woman's blouse.

Can you see why Pat does it all?

No comments: