April 6, 2009

My Friend Guy...

Guy's model of the Zocalo in Mexico City.


Guy’s bird Fancy.


I found out this weekend that two of my students from Mexico were in a horrible car accident last Friday night. One is ok, but shaken. The other, my friend Guy, took all the impact and is in a coma.

Guy is a very talented artist and special, well "guy." He would talk me out of my American raged hissy fits when I couldn't get things done immediately.

"Miss ~ Chill out. You're in Mexico now... Miss you can't talk to them like that, they just don't get it ... You're on Mexican time now, just relax..."

I sound crazy now that I write about it, but eventually I did get it. He is a sweet, gentle soul with a loco side...(puro Mexicano). I really admire his LOVE of Mexico, and his talents allow him to share the best parts of Mexico with us: the architecture, the fiestas, the music, the food and yes, the lifestyle.

Please, if you can send positive thoughts his way. He is fighting for his life right now...

No comments: