April 9, 2009

Happiness is...


A warm mug.

I'm starting to ween myself from caffeine. I had a doctor's appointment the other day, and for the first time ever in my life, my blood pressure was a little high. I don't know how long I've been drinking coffee, but I am past the point of enjoyment. It's a necessity, and I need to cut back. Waaaaaaay back, but I don't think I can quit cold turkey.

I've been writing down my caffeine intake for the past week and noticed where I can cut back or make changes. I've switched to black tea in the mornings. This morning's chai was delicious and tasted heavenly. I was tempted with a cup of coffee later, and when I drank a sip ~ well, it was not as lovely. I've also discovered decaf lattes and mochas, because sometimes the smell of caffeine and warmth of the drink is enough to get me going. I think I can do this and think it will be good for my body. No more half and half, no more heart palpitations, no more twitching muscle spasms. This is going to be a good thing for me, and right now that's where my focus is: doing good for myself.

No comments: