April 12, 2009

Good Friday Cont.

Spring has sprung here, but the weather is still unpredictable.
Something fun that I saw on the way home the other day:

Where are you going with all of those beautiful flowers?

That made me want to go and find some on my own.

Field of dreams...

I'd never seen a beautiful pink poppy before.

Here's a gorgeous red poppy for good measure.


This is just half of my adventures from last Friday, but I'm trying to be better about posting in a more timely manner.

Here's another Easter project I did with my twos:

It's similar to the pin wheel project, but instead of using regular paper, we used a heavy translucent paper that could take the weight of the Mod Podge without wrinkling too much. I had the kids place small squares of tissue paper on top of a thin layer of Mod Podge. And, after the squares had set, I applied another thin layer of Mod Podge over the sqaures, and the kids decorated with "pinkles,". (That's two-year-old language for glitter.) However, when I went to the teacher store to laminate the eggs, I wasn't allowed to because of the glitter. Glitter will NOT mess up a laminating machine, it just runs the risk of getting glitter on other things to be laminated later. What's wrong with that?

In the end, I laminated Mexican style: using contact paper. Worked like a charm.

Happy Easter!

No comments: