September 2, 2008

Paint By Numbers

This is my work in progress:

it's called Happy Clown.

I am really interested in paint by numbers, I find it both fun and monotonous. I did a little research on the subject and found a really interesting link on the subject. It's from an exhibition at the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History. Can you believe that? It's really interesting, informative, and a beautiful website as well. Simple.
Click here to learn more about the exhibition from 2001.

Digging a little deeper, I was introduced to the art work of Trey Speegle. I really enjoy his work, it inspires me.


Trey Speegle, Let Him Go, 2008
26 x 38"
acrylic on vintage paint-by-number panels


Trey Speegle, What Are You Waiting For? (unfinished), 2006-2007
diptych, 46" x 60" each
acrylic paint, silkscreen ink on canvas
Private Collection

LOVE IT!!!
I hope to have Happy Clown finished by next Monday.

No comments: