July 23, 2008

"Skirt Season is Back in Full Swing!"

So says the Gap and their promotion of "The Flirty Skirt"

Hmmm... we'll see about that. I love Skirt 44; it's so comfortable and feminine, which is better than flirty in my opinion.

I went to a jewelry class tonight at the Dallas Museum of Art. I learned a new coil/wire wrapping technique and made some new friends. Hopefully, I can post a pic of the bracelet tomorrow, but I can't seem to find it at the moment...

One Arts Plaza, on my way home.


I learned this evening that my great aunt on my mom's side (grandpa's sister) was a jewelry designer in Monterrey, Mexico. She specialized in gold, her name was Maria, and she had a hard life - most artists do. I told my mom that it's nice to know that my seemingly unconventional life runs in my blood. Despite its' challenges at the moment, I find comfort and feel that I am exactly where I need to be right now: teaching, creating, working, discovering, experiencing, feeling and loving every moment of it.

No comments: