July 22, 2008

New Skirt!

Afternoon update:
Whew! glad that's over with. Now I can get back to cramming my brain full of useless useful information, such as what kind of beers we have in the bottle and on tap!
Interesting litter today:

When was the last time you saw these tab tops?

********************************************************
I have a HUGE presentation today, sew... I made the skirt that I am wearing. Remember that green jersey knit that I bought at the Urban Street Bazaar back in May? Well, I finally did something with it! Jersey knit is tough to sew with, let me tell you! But, I'm quite pleased with the results.

I patterned it after Skirt 40 and another skirt I saw on-line. The pattern wasn't too hard: 3 pieces. I pieced it out in about 30 minutes using some old gift wrap. I did some research before working with the jersey knit, and even though I didn't have the recommended tools, I went for it. Trial and error right? I had to rip parts of it and start over TWICE on the asymmetrical top, but I got it right eventually.

I had the striped jersey fabric as well and wanted to subtly incorporate it. So, I carefully cut it so that the stripes would lay diagonal just under the waist. The green jersey knit is so thin, I had to double the piece at the top, but it comes low enough that the full skirt attached is a single layer. It's so flouncy! (and comfortable too!)

Santa, if you're reading, I've been a very good girl this year and would like a serger and a very nice pair of Gingher scissors.

I still want to do a post about my Mexico Skirt, because I have been thinking an awful LOT about Mexico, (even in my dreams), but also because now that some time has passed I am beginning to realize just how precious that experience was for me. However, I'm working on two computers, which is not as great as it sounds. It is what it is. It makes things a bit more challenging, but I am still managing to squeeze everything in and sleep at least 6 hours a night. Woo hoo! Success!
Wish me luck!

No comments: