December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas How To...

S i l h o u e t t e Pillows Cont...

I believe I have some directions to post. Let's see, where did I leave off? In the last post, the silhouettes had been painted. This is the brand of fabric paint I used, which is available at most craft stores.

It's a good idea to do a test area. The paint on my fabric dried streak-y. Once the paint is dry, the fabric is ironed once more.


Now, it's time to sew the pillows. Cut strips that are 3" wide and 6" longer than the sides of the window width the silhouette. Carefully, pin and sew the seams at 5/8".


Next, cut a square that matches the framed front of the pillow (the silhouette.) Sew the pillow inside out at 5/8". Stuff and hand stitch.
Didn't they turn out sew cute?


Another Christmas How to...


Yarn Ornaments with Stiffy

This was a really fun craft. It involves yarn and a wonderful product called Stiffy.

The kids made these themselves by fishing out yarn with popsicle sticks out of a bowl with a mixture of Stiffy and glitter (not watered down.) Leave the ornaments to dry on a styrofoam paper plate. It took two days for them to dry completely. Tie a pretty ribbon to create a keepsake ornament.

What can you do with finger paintings? Make Christmas cards!


I did most of the work, but look how cute they turned out!

Thanks to my colleague Debra for the great design.

Christmas Skirts and Tights:
At our class party...

And at my family's party:


My niece created these awesome decorations and construction paper poinsettias.


She also labeled the Christmas Cajun food:

Boudin on the left and fried alligator on the right.

And the queso.

(not Cajun)
Hope y'all had a great holiday!

No comments: