August 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

It's my momma's birthday today. I don't think she'd like me to tell her age, but you'd never guess it from her youthful glow and tenacious spirit.

This is a picture of two Skirt Ladies from 1998, ten years ago! I remember that skirt, the one that I'm wearing. It was from the Limited and I wore it a lot when I was a hostess (that's how I'm able to remember the year). I was so skinny then! Way too skinny for my taste today! Speaking of which, I took my mom out for a steak dinner and a movie ~ the perfect date.

Mom is wearing a china poblana, the traditional costume of Mexico. There is quite an interesting history on la china poblana on Wikipedia. I think she looks great in a skirt. She has great legs and a beautiful smile.
Feliz cumpleaƱos mami! te amo!

No comments: