May 4, 2010

Variation on a Theme

A few weeks ago I received an e-mail invitation to participate in a community art show. It's been a long time since I participated in an art exhibition, so I thought I would give it a go and try to produce something. Based on my last project, I was really excited about the prospect of embroidering a new sheet of paper.

Unfortunately, or fortunately (depends on how you look at it), the show has a theme: water.

Water doesn't really go with embroidery, and didn't fit any of my current ideas. I knew that I wanted my next project to be based on an A4 ruled sheet, typical of what students use here in Belgium, but I had no idea how to make it work under the "theme."

Then one night it came to me. 

Watermarking

Embroidered paper is hardly a new idea. 

Check out this link that Steph sent this morning. 

I think it's more fun to make your own. 

No comments: