February 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Today is the first day of the Chinese Lunar New Year! It's my year, the year of the Rabbit!

I made this card for some new friends last night:
The envelope is lined with cute little bunny paper from Paper Source. I stamped 2011 from my antique stamp set on the front of a folding card, and on the inside used the Double Happiness stamp from Paper Source. I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out.

We braved the cold and icy streets to go out and celebrate the Lunar New Year last night with some of Jon's colleagues. We didn't eat Chinese food, we ate tapas, because nothing says Happy Chinese New Year like Spanish tapas! It was a nice break from the last days off that we have had due to ice and freezing temperatures. More snow is expected tonight, I am hoping for a final day off tomorrow. I've had so much fun getting things done around the house.

No comments: