December 20, 2010

Merry Monday

Last Monday we hosted a little get together at our place.

It was 75°F (24°C), so the windows are up. I decorated with snowflakes from Paper Source and red and green paper chains. Jon made the Christmas tree, similar to the one we had last year. It's bigger this year, because everything is bigger in Texas. We used the same ornaments... that makes me smile. 

Did you see the Chesterfield Couch? 
Jon scored that a week earlier at an estate sale. It's awesome. 

Here's a photo of the spread that we served... I'm not so into cooking since we moved back.
 
Maybe it has something to do with the 650 students I see every week...

Merry Monday, as we called it, was an excuse to serve mulled wine and have our friends over.
It was delicious! We liked this recipe best. Many of our friends had never had it before, and it was fun to share and make. It reminded me so much of the Christmas Markets last year. I think I am finally coming to terms with this simple fact - I miss Belgium. 

Later that night, we cleaned up a bit, watched Singles and waited for the Winter Solstice Lunar Eclipse. 

Save for the Lunar Eclipse, I think we started a tradition this year.

No comments: