August 4, 2010

Cuando hace calor...


Translation: When it's hot, make gazpacho.

My friends and family in Texas are suffering today. The high is supposed to reach 40°C or 105°F, but I think it will get much hotter than that. I can't even imagine! 

Last month Belgium had a heat wave and it was "unbearably" hot - maybe 32°C or 90°F. I know, I know that's not really that hot in comparison, but there is no air conditioning in my apartment or the rest of the city for that matter. It was all I could do just to lay on the couch and surf the web. The witching hour was quickly approaching and I was not in the mood to cook anything, but I came across this recipe in the New York Times. I thought it was worth a try, and boy was I right!

The recipe is so easy to make and extremely delicious, especially the Pecorino toasts!
But beware: the garlic factor is INTENSE!

pero
¡Qué rico sabor!

No comments: