February 16, 2010

The Train

A terrible passenger train accident happened in Belgium yesterday. I ride these commuter trains almost everyday, in fact I am about to get on one in a few hours. One of the trains involved left from my town, but the entire country is feeling the scare of the accident. There was a great loss of life and many severely injured. It's a shock when accidents like this happen so close to home. It really makes you stop and think.

Think: Even if it's as mundane as getting on a train every day to go to work. Even if it's as mundane as getting off the train to come home to my loved ones. I appreciate my loved ones and my life so much.

God bless Belgium.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ms. Lydia, it's Burger. Don't hang out of the door of the train like that! I wonder how many people die in train accidents every year. It's scary and horrific because of the size of the trains and number of people involved vs. car accidents that happen every day and take one or a few lives at a time.

Anyway, if you're Chicago-bound you'd better get used to temperatures that are a bit colder. You might rename this the long underwear project. Or the snowpants project. But it's been a pretty mild winter up here and I like the snow.

PB