March 20, 2009

Craft Night

I have two sets of encyclopedias and have been meaning to do a project with the vintage illustrations and maps. So, when Marianne proposed a Craft Night with some cigar boxes that she has been collecting, I thought this was the "purrrrrrrrfect" opportunity to use them. 

Angus agrees with me and keeps watch over the books.



Vintage gift wrap also makes for lovely inspiration.

Marianne covered her box with the gold leaf. It takes quite a bit of patience, and my attempt was a disaster.


Lately I've been dreaming of distant places, so my box had a travel theme to it of all the places I would like to go:


Speaking of far away places, check out this short film by Sigur Rós. It has nothing to do with Craft Night, but it's beautiful to look at. Besides, Sigur Rós kind of sounds like cigar box...

Heima, a film by Sigur Rós.

No comments: