July 15, 2010

Man on Wire

Have you seen this film?

It's incredible! A truly amazing tale. There are so many things I loved about this film, so many things that Phillippe Petit said and I wished I would have written down. I also wished I would have watched the documentary with English subtitles for the French speaking parts. I will have to watch it again.

This is not Phillipe Petite, but a performer I saw here in Leuven back in May. 
The city put on a free circus!

This was a perfect film for me to watch today, given the post-trip funk I am in. I think my funk may have to do with the fact that our time here in Belgium is coming to an end. In less than two months I will be up in the air, like Phillippe Petit. To quote the man ~

"To me, it's really so simple, that life should be lived on the edge. You have to exercise rebellion. To refuse to tape yourself to the rules, to refuse your own success, to refuse to repeat yourself, to see every day, every year, every idea as a true challenge. Then you will live your life on the tightrope."

No comments: