February 11, 2008

That "Dam" Skirt


Colour my world with new experiences at the Home Depot in Puerto Vallarta. Some experiences make you feel like you're home...

Before Skirt Project, Skirt 26 was just another skirt that sat in my closet. Now, Skirt 26 is a special skirt because of the memories that are tied to it. I wore this skirt to Lake Ray Roberts on a very special date last summer. But, I have to let all of that go... I am learning to let all of that go.

I chose to wear Skirt 26 today because it is pink and light and comfortable. I should wear it more often. I never really used to wear pinks and reds as much as I do now. I am enjoying all of this color in my life; it makes these hard times so much easier. I have to keep my chin up and focus on the positive. I have to be thankful for what I have and love myself for who I am.

I look good in pink, therefore I look good in love. I am thankful for the experiences and memories, but they are in the past. When it gets to be too much, I have to remind myself to let it go. There's still time for new experiences. After all, spring is nearly here and I know it's going to be a wonderful spring.

No comments: