July 27, 2007

Skirt 65


Another denim skirt, today's skirt is Levi's and was made in Mexico... So was yesterday's skirt incidentally. I've been noticing more where my stuff is made. Mexico will not allow Chinese goods to be shipped into the country. I did not know this. While I can ship some of my stuff, practically ALL of my skirts will have to come on the suitcases with me. I've never really paid any attention to this sort of thing.

Today's skirt is a long, dark, denim skirt. This is totally a teacher skirt. In fact, that's why I've kept it all these years. In the back of my mind I've told myself (what if you ever teach again...) It's so dowdy... It's hard for me to imagine myself in this skirt, with my classroom keys and ID around my neck, and 20 middle schoolers tailing behind me. Those kids have all graduated or dropped out by now. Time goes by so fast. This skirt is totally not me anymore, and I wonder if it ever really was.

**************************************
Another beautiful day. Good morning Portland!

See what I mean? I can't believe I used to wear this skirt.


Getting our toes done. I caught up on my People magazines. Steph's lady yelled at her. Hey lady, take it easy, it's just one coat of red! Sheesh!


Beer, glorious beer! A flight at Fifth Quadrant on Williams Street. I liked the red and the creamy stout with coffee undertones.


These are superior fabric scissors. Who knew? Gingher... gotta remember that...


How odd that the scrap mobile was right outside. This is a pretty cool idea. Check it out.



At Powell's Bookstore: the biggest mother ship in the land!


Delicious oysters from Alberta Street Oyster Bar.


Much better... Hot for teacher.


Later that night Steph got the fire pit in the backyard going. We pulled out the sparklers, were serenaded by Ben, got a little more crazy... Steph cut my hair.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh so much fun in the nw! reading the blog and seeing the pix makes me miss it so much more than usual... well done on the skirt alteration... the original form was ridiculous! can't wait to here about the rest of the trip when you return...

-keith

Anonymous said...

Serenade and a cut. I won't take credit for either.

YoNameBro